Home buyer education classes are offered to area residents who are interested in learning how to purchase their first home. The classes are offered over three nights and total 9hours. The program is certified by the Massachusetts Citizens Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA) and Mass Housing and includes training in obtaining a mortgage, budgeting, credit, housing search, appraisals, condominium purchase, legal issues, insurance, housing law, tax advantages, home inspection and many other topics related to home purchase. Residents who receive FTHB Certification may be eligible for special financing programs and housing lotteries.
There are no income restrictions. This program serves residents state wide. There is a $60 registration fee (per household). Download Registration Form.
- Classes are offered six to eight times per year in Greater Haverhill area.
- View our Community Calendar for upcoming workshop dates or call for times and locations.
- Comprehensive information offered by housing professionals including bank lenders, buyer/seller real estate brokers, housing attorneys, insurance agents home inspectors and credit counselors;
- Individual household mortgage pre-qualification;
- Information regarding foreclosure sales;
- Information regarding area affordable housing lotteries and services of a buyer broker;
- Information about down payment assistance programs and reduced interest loans.
A Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative approved certificate is awarded after completion of the three-night course. The program is also approved by MassHousing.
For more information, please contact: Richard Lynch, 978-373-1971 ext. 225 or Susan Collins, 978-317-8998