Heating Assistance | Heating System Assistance | Weatherization Assistance
Fuel Assistance Enrollment Extended
The enrollment deadline for fuel assistance has been extended to May 15, 2014.
We help you lower the high cost of your heating and Utility bills. You may be eligible for savings and discounts. Check the Heating Assistance - 2013-2014 Income Guidelines. If your income is below these guidelines, call us for information on energy saving discounts. To apply call: (978) 373-1971.
- Check your application status and benefit level 24/7 at 978-374-7660
Heating Assistance – The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has been available in Massachusetts to low-income households since 1977. Heating Assistance helps income eligible residents pay a portion of their heating bills between November 1 and April 30.
Heating System Assistance – The Heating Emergency Assistance Retrofit Task Weatherization Assistance Program (HEARTWAP) provides heating system repair and replacement services to low-income households. The program operates year round. During the winter months, the program serves as an emergency intervention service to provide assistance to low-income clients having problems with the operation of their primary heating system.
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) provides up to $7500 in added insulation, replacement windows, and general plugging of air leaks to homes and apartments for those households eligible for LIHEAP. This program also operates year round.
HEARTWAP and WAP services vary depending on the specific needs of the housing unit.
The Massachusetts LIHEAP and HEARTWAP programs are administered at the state level by the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
Eligibility for Heating Assistance and Heating System Assistance is based on income, contact the CAI Energy Assistance Program for detailed information. CAI provides heating assistance to the Greater Haverhill, Amesbury, and Newburyport area.
- Check your application status and benefit level 24/7 at
Discounts and savings available:
- Payment of 30 % of your monthly rent if heat is included in the rent.
- Heating oil at 15 1/2 cents per gallon over the fluctuating wholesale price.
- Kerosene at only 23 cents per gallon over the wholesale price.
- Discounts on your National Grid gas and electric bills.
- Repairs, cleanings or replacement on your heating systems (for homeowners)
- Weatherization on your home or apartment.
- If your refrigerator or freezer is a high energy guzzler, MASS Electric may replace it for FREE.
Telephone: 978-373-1971 or 1-800-332-9004 or Request an Appointment Online
*An application appointment will be scheduled and an application packet will be mailed to you.
Click a link below for related articles written by the staff members of this program.