Head Start - Substitute Transportation/Bus Monitor
| Print |
Substitute Transportation/Bus Monitor
Community Action's Head Start Program is looking for individuals interested in being Substitute Transportation/Bus Monitors on an as needed basis. You must be sensitive to low-income population and have the ability to relate well to young children (0-5 years of age). Current physical and a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check is required. Hourly Rate $9.84/hr (VAST Training Completed) or $9.38/hr.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the bus driver on a daily basis in providing a safe and secure ride for the child
- Ensure all children are seated and buckled in their seated and buckled in their seats at all times.
- Ensure children do not have food, gum, drinks or sharp objects on the bus
- Must have an updated CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Must assist children during illness
- Properly and efficiently distribute both informational and school papers to parent as the child disembark from the bus.
- Report any disciplinary issues to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Work with the bus driver to keep vehicle clean.
- Make sure all crates are given back to assigned centers.
- Must respect the confidentiality of all the families and their children.
- Refrain from speaking to a parent in the presence of other parents about his/her child's behavior on the bus or in the classroom.
- Do daily logs, record pickup and drop off times
- Any other duties as designated by Transportation Coordinator.
Interested Individuals, Please send resume or contact:
Roberta Hannon, Family Involvement Coordinator
Community Action, Inc.
75 Elm St.
Haverhill, MA 01830
978-373-1971 Ext. 246